I know it’s a day late but I wanted to quickly run through my 2009 Reslutions as pertaining to my “Stillers,” so here goes…
- I promise not to talk badly of the offensive line as long as we have all new people protecting Ben in 2009 and a much better allowed sacks number – jeez.
- Speaking of Ben, I will also not count the seconds and jump out of my chair screaming “Throw the damn ball!!” as long as he has a line to protect him and reasonable time to throw and quits hanging on.
- I will not blow a gasket for every great rush/pass play we get that is called back for holding.Â But then again, all things lead back to #1, right? Good line + protection = lower penalties and play success.
- I will still love Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu as my favorite players and Mike Tomlin as a great coach.
- I will send Limas Sweed to the Santonio Holmes school of learning how to catch a ball in your second season.Â Come on, I know we all remember Santonio on kick returns his rookie year…
- I will have more faith in Arians when he says they did nothing new by running the fullback in front of FWP in the Browns game – Arians said they did that all year long, really?
- I will not talk smack to my Ravens or Cowyboys friends until AFTER February 2. (Did you really think I would give it up totally?)
- I will continue to think that Dick LeBeau is the world’s best defensive coach and praise the Steeler defense for rocking the house, and also pray all of them stay healthy for 2009!
- I will be more social in 2009 during regular season play and not ALWAYS stay at home in focused mode.Â (This will be a slow transition though!)
- I will relish the 2009 regular season schedule over the 2008 schedule and look forward to an even more successful season.
What are your resolutions for 2009??