Despite the rain, and the overall loss, a good time was had by the Steelergurl Family at FedEx field last night. Â For the most part Redskins fans did not harass us…and likely because it was about 50/50 black and gold to burgandy and gold. As I stated in my post yesterday, the Redskins handed out the poor man’s terrible white towel and I have to actually thank them…due to rain, it worked nicely to clean the water off my seat.
Anyway, here’s the good and the bad from pre-season game #2:
- Penalties: 13 for 89 yards. Unacceptable mental errors.
- Ben was still sidelined with the ankle injury, but Coach says he will be fine, so I am not going to worry. I think it was smart not to play him.
- Batch was slow to get in the groove, yet this was his first game since 2007. Â He was 5 of 14 for 89 yards. Â He’ll get back into the groove.
- I wanted to see Dixon and I got to see Dixon. Â He played pretty well including a 16 yard scramble up the middle. However, he hurt his shoulder and was taken out of the game.
- Keiwan Ratliff had a key interception for 20 yards, setting up a missed field goal (TWICE and does he ever miss??) by Jeff Reed.
- Parker and Mendenhall had an average, in my opinion, night. Â Parker had 4 carries for 13 yards and what looked like a chance to break out, but was tackled…almost, FWP, almost. Â Mendenhall had one more carry, for a total of 5, but double the yards for 26. Â I’m still waiting for our run game….*holds breath*
- And the surprise of the night (I think) Joe Burnett and Stefan Logan are fighting for the special teams slot and up until this game, I’d say there were neck. Unfortunately for Joe, that fumbled return that set up Washington for a TD to win the game…probably not a good look from the coaches on the sidelines. Â On the other hand, Logan had 4 kick returns for a total of 157 yards and 4 punt returns for a total of 48 yards. Â I feel like I am watching a real life version of Hard Knocks on this one…wish the game of football wasn’t also the business of football…but 53 is the rule and 53 it has to be.
And there you have it folks….narrowing the path to 53.
Looking forward to regular season, then the smack talk I was forced to endure last night might actually mean something. Â By the way, I didn’t say ANYTHING about the Redskins other than in my blog and to lambast Big Dan as usual. Â Was surprised by some of the misdirected anger of Redskins fans. Â Get over it, yell at Dan. Â And for the record, you know MY TEAM does not suck. Â You KNOW this. Â Blame Dan, not us.